Liquid Ion work pt. 1 The frame

I have been doing some work creating CAD models of a friend of mine’s startup product. I haven’t been able to share any of my work before now because it belongs to him, but he has given me the OK now. I am actually really proud of some of the work I did on this. Some of my drafts are not so great, but I had never modeled an existing product and I learned a lot.

600-slide-composite

This exploded view actually didn’t turn out that badly.

I don’t remember if the client actually needed an exploded view of their design, or if I was just having fun. In any case, I had not used exploded view before, so I was happy how it turned out. of one of the segments turned . Well, I didn’t like how the photo-realistic render turned out, so I combined it with a regular render and touched it up. Then I was happy with how it turned out.

slide

The dimensions are not in inches, as this sheet claims. I really should do a better job labeling sheets.

I’d also never done a bill of materials before. A few parts aren’t fully filled in but it was fun. Well, at least when I could find the model numbers. Although I may have switched a screw or something, It was basically just modeling their existing prototype and it can be a lot harder than I expected to hunt down where stuff came from. I suppose that it wasn’t really important, but it makes me sad when the table isn’t filled in all the way. I was about surprised by how long it took to do the BOM.

600-DisplayStates

Display states are cool.

Another new thing I used was the Display States feature. From a practical standpoint, the T-nuts aren’t shown so it doesn’t really matter much, but I wasn’t being paid by the hour, and it makes it easier to check for and see if anything is going to hit, and, as nothing was hitting, it would mean I did not model it correctly.

600-all-beta-rend

I did try to find a good angle to render this. There really isn’t one.

All content (c) liquid-ion

Comments are closed.